Hello readers and Happy Sunday!!
As you may already know, I am a current member of #Olioboard, a website where you can create mood board designs of interior spaces or anything really that inspires you in 2D and 3D. So, I have entered this month two design mood boards, one in Olioboard’s monthly challenge and another one in Dormify College Style Design sponsored contest. The Before and After design challenge ends tomorrow [Monday] and I would greatly appreciate your loves (votes) on my board. Here’s the link to my Olioboard profile page and below are the two boards. Thanks so much!! xoxo
My design style is “Traditional Modern” [Transitional] and though I love “white interiors” and neutral hues, I also love to use bold colors.
 Before and After | Traditions Bedroom
About this board: For the “Modern Traditionalist”
The style of this bedroom I designed is neutral traditional but with a modern sensibility, simple non-ornate, very sophisticated glam look. Do you love this board? Here are the links to retail stores where you can get the look:
“GET THE LOOK”
Home decor and furniture pieces I used:
From Left to right: Black Beauty, Pashmina, Silver Satin, White Heron, Aged Bronze, Gold Leaf.
Queen Ann Iron Double Canopy Bed
Lili Alessandra Chloe Diamond Quilted Velvet Silver Coverlet or Set
Hand Etched Palazzo Venetian Mirror
Lamp: Arteriors Saffron Polished Brass Table Lamp
Chandelier: Arteriors Maxim Iron Beaded Chandelier
Arteriors Gilded Wood Open-Work Screen
Colette King Bench
Products info on this dorm room decor board are:
1. Daily System – Pin board in Linen White – Pottery Barn
2. Daily System – Magnetic white board calender – Pottery Barn
3. Daily System – Chalkboard – Pottery Barn
4. Spotlight White 58″ Desk- Crate & Barrel
5. Presley Cabinet in White – Crate & Barrel
6. Metal Swing Arm Lamp in Black – Dormify
7. Wall sticker photo in black – Dormify
8. Brocade pencil holder in black – Dormify
9. Brocade letter holder - Dormify
10. Black Tchotchke Shelves – The Container Store
11. SNILLE Swivel chair, black – Ikea
12. Garbino® Can by Karim Rashid for Umbra® – The Container Store
13. BRIMNES 3 drawer chest, white - Ikea
14. Modern Weave Handled Basket, Natural – West Elm
15. Personal Speakers – Neon Paisley – Dormify
16. Teen Vogue Modern Chair - Dormify
17. Zuo Wilco Glossy black table – Dormify
18. Zebra rug – Walmart
19. Sway Style Safari Zebra Giclee Shade Plug-in Chandelier – Lamps Plus
20. Safari Zebra Giclee Shade Arc Standing Lamp – Lamps Plus
21. Cubix Bed in White or Black – Crate & Barrel
22. Wheeled black storage trunk with lock – Walmart
23. Zebra print cosmetic case – Dormify
24. EMMIE Roll-up blind, white - Ikea
25. Philips DC291 Docking Clock Radio with Remote - Apple store
For more ideas and info click here
Contest ends Sept 24 [You can now vote daily]
Thanks again for your votes and for stopping by!!
Ana Then, CID
Color sets the mood and adds interest to a space. One simple and inexpensive way to do this is with paint. Color can also make a space feel smaller or larger. Warmer hues seem to advance toward you because cooler colors recede away from you.
Contrast of light and dark colors give a space a sophisticated look. Here are some great examples of Interior Designers who achieved this by incorporating dark blues and whites in the room’s color palette.
Image Source: SamanthaPynn.com
Samantha Pynn is one of my favorite Canadian Interior Decorators. She uses color so beautifully, fresh and exciting and balanced. In this room she uses white to add contrast to the navy wall color which gives it a sophisticated look. It’s balanced by using dark wood floors and blues throughout the space with fun yellow accessories.
Image Source: Pinterest
Here the designer also uses white bedding against dark blue walls and black furniture.
Image Source: Pinterest Bathrooms
Add a colorful painting and incorporate those colors into the room’s decor. When accessorizing, a little goes a long way especially in the bathroom!
Source: Pinterest Outdoor spaces
Great outdoor bathroom (Au natural).
Love this office space!
This is one of my favorite color combos. Navy, white and turquoise and grays!
Hope you liked the decorating with color post. Maybe a series? If you have any questions or would like to schedule an appointment send me ane-mail, look forward in helping you create your beautiful space!
Thanks for stopping by!
To receive the latest blog post in you inbox, be sure to subscribe using the link on the right tab “Subscribe”
To contact me, Ana D. Then, about my Interior Decorating services, click here
Let’s connect! You can find me here:
White Linen Interiors, LLC
Residential Interior Decorating | E-Decorating | Miami Florida
As an Interior Decorator living in South Florida, I am constantly being inspired by my surroundings, this blog is where you can find collections of beautiful products that I love, entertaining ideas, photography, architecture inspirations, interior design, decorating tips, a little DIY, and all-things Healthy and Eco-Friendly for your home, in hopes to inspire you as well to create a your own beautiful interiors.
Thanks for stopping by!!
~Twitter~ Percolator @PercolarApp
Beautiful "contemporary modernism" by @whitelinenintrs http://instagr.am/p/LhJ3uunQrE/
No upcoming events
Unless Otherwise Noted:
Photography from all sources and content by White Linen Interiors, LLC is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NoDerivs 3.0 United States License.
Based on a work at www.whitelineninteriors.net.
Permissions beyond the scope of this license may be available at www.whitelineninteriors.net.