Happy Mood Board Monday + OlioHop + Blog Hop
I hope you all had a wonderful weekend! I had a little weekend stay-cay at West Palm Beach. Great time with family and hugh bunch of old friends. Re-focused on what matters most.🙂 It was relaxing . . . but back to reality . . .
Today we are Olio hopping and talking about organization and de-cluttering!!
I you have read my post recently, you might remember that I have started creating mood boards or as I call them decor idea boards. The site I have been using is called Olioboard and I love how easy it is to create mood boards in 2D and 3D effects. The look is really great because you can actually visualize how all the furniture pieces and other elements will look together. A lot of Interior Designers as well as design enthusiasts are using this site to create their boards. If you would like to to try it for yourself, it’s pretty easy, all you have to do is sign up, that’s it! Hop on over to their site to get started, and while your there check out on the community tab to see amazing boards, also weekly contest. Join the fun today!
Home Office Decorating Ideas
This board is more of a high-end look, but the idea is there to play with. The design style I chose for this board is contemporary with mid-century modern. The sparkle in the chandelier + lamp enhances glam look, while the curves in the Z Gallerie “Eddie” wing chair give it a feminine touch. Do you like? Let me know how I can help you with your decorating needs.
2D MoodBoard Board: Gender Neutral Home Office Decor Ideas | For Women and Men
Here are a some organizing tips to keep your home office
TIDY! TIDY! TIDY! including me “muah”
There are so many options when it comes to basic storage solutions, and now more then ever chic and stylish ones. So let’s get started!
Organize areas by:
- Writing / computer desk: Having adequate space can help you keep your space neat and tidy. Not every home office is created equal. Some require ample writing and drawing space. A good average size desk to start with is 35 to 45 inches wide and 25 inches in depth, enough for computer and stationary.
- Storage boxes: I like to use pretty boxes, this is where you can add a touch of your personality. Tip: To keep the room from looking visually cluttered, use no more than three colors throughout the room.
- Desk accessories: This is where your daily stuff stays in order, incoming mail, notes, pencils + pens, etc.
- Bulletin Board: Here is one of my fav, keep your most important must-do notes at eye level. If it’s starring at you, you probably won’t forget!
- Trash/Recycling bin: Daily mail can be daunting! Sort out mail as it comes in, one less thing to think about when cleaning up at end of day.
Here are 16 other talented bloggers that use Olioboard to create their mood boards. Hop on over to check out their post on organizing as well! Click on the links below:
- Chaotically Creative
- Dabble in Chic
- Design Magnific
- Go Simply Savvy
- Focal Point
- Frugal Finds
- HomeStyling 101
- Urban Eclectic Interiors
- Pinklet and C
- Push Interiors
- Seaside Interiors
- Selma Hammer Designs
- Wisteria Home
- Stacy Naquin Interiors
- I Heart Organizing
- White Linen Interiors (me)
Don’t forget to join in the fun at Olioboard.com !! See you there and if you have any questions come back here and leave a comment
Thanks for stopping by!!
BTW Also Check out my Pinterest Pinboard on Let’s Get Organized! for more organizing and de-cluttering ideas.